Thursday 3 April 2014

Q1

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

In terms of what media institution might distribute my media product I would say IPC as it is the UK's leading consumer and digital publisher, meaning it holds the best potential to ensuring my magazine sells out. They engage with 26 million UK adults - almost two thirds of UK women and over 40% of UK men. In stating this, I know from statistics that this is the best possible publishing house for my magazine. In terms of where my magazine will be distributed; I feel it will be along the lines of it being sold in clothing retailers. Simply because my target audience ranges from 16-30, the best possible place to find the majority of this target audience is at clothing retailers like H&M, JD, Primark etc. In doing this my magazine will draw them in as I designed it to and they will purchase the magazine. My magazine could also be distributed in retail stores such as HMV,WH Smiths and local news agents so it is widely accessible for my audience. As my magazine relates to this target audience I feel it will sell out quickly if distributed at a club. In addition my magazine will be frequently circulated monthly as I feel more time could be spent creating the best possible magazine for a specific target audience, there will also be more content in a monthly magazine than a weekly magazine as it gives the audience more information and broader content.


No comments:

Post a Comment